IT challenge highlights Hermes approach to improving customer experience
Septembers Air Cargo Handling Conference in Milan, saw the introduction of a new IT Challenge Session. Alongside Hermes, two other leading IT suppliers took to the stage to share exciting new initiatives aimed at improving their customers experience.
Oded Lavee, Chief Technology Officer at Hermes spoke of reducing costs and improving quality, introducing transparency and about having the flexibility to interact with your customers. He also shared ways that customers can get the most out of the Hermes air cargo management system.
Below are some of his presentation highlights:
- The launch of a Work Order System, a new generic tool that will allow customers to define and add their own, specific, internal processes using a set of pre-defined building blocks giving them the independence and the flexibility to personalise their systems without having to contact the Hermes team directly.
- The introduction of an automated QC process which will see scripts for every application process as well as sanity tests on each build to reduce errors.
- The setting up of Operational and Database Health Checks which will see Hermes cargo experts meeting with key users to review all Import/Export and Accounts processes and then advising customers on how they might enhance them.
- The use of RFID (radio frequency identification) to read and capture information stored on tags to automatically track cargo through warehouses.
- Using technology to introduce Mobile Apps that can be used on both phones and tablets and that will automatically update.
To keep our air cargo management system at the forefront of our industry, the Hermes team also continues to grow (see below) but to find our why more and more air cargo ground handlers are choosing Hermes to run their operations click here.
Hermes team continues to grow
We’d like to welcome two more new faces to our expanding team at Hermes.
James Plested, who recently joined the Hermes Cargo team from Emirates and System Developer, Moshe Amran who joins our Technical team.